ross and michigan: facts and figures
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Michigan, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
Michigan by the Numbers
- About 3.4% of Ross students are from Michigan.
- According to the 2015 AAMC Physician Databook, 29% of Michigan’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 5th in the US.
Meet Alumni in Michigan
|"My experience in Dominica is something that I would never want to give up. It truly made me into the person I am today."
DR. JAIRO ESPINOSA, MD ('15)
Surgery resident at Western Michigan University
|"Ross instilled a mindset that you have to work hard to achieve what you want; nothing is just handed to you on a silver platter."
DR. BRIAN KENDALL, MD ('13)
Emergency physician at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (SJMO), Pontiac, MI
For more testimonials from Ross graduates, check out our Alumni Profiles.
Ross Clinical Affiliates in Michigan
In 2016, 786 current and former Ross graduates earned residencies throughout the United States. More than 60 Ross graduates earned residency positions at Michigan hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Detroit Medical Center
- Michigan State University - East Lansing
- Oakwood Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Western Michigan University Stryker School of Medicine
Where Do Our Michigan Students Come From?
From which schools did most of our Michigan-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
- Wayne State University
- Oakland University
- University of Michigan (Dearborn)
There's much more to discover about Ross. Dive in.
Learn More In Person
Ross News for Michigan