Welcome Canadian Students!
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from Canada to medical school. We enjoy hearing from aspiring medical school students in Canada who look forward to continuing their medical careers back up north after receiving their medical education at Ross.
The information here is designed to help you with questions you have about attending Ross.
At a Glance: Ross and Canada
- Canadian students comprise about ten percent of the Ross medical school student body.
- Ross Canadian students have earned competitive residency spots across Canada, including surgery at the University of Toronto, family medicine at the University of British Columbia, paediatrics at McMaster University and emergency medicine at the University of Manitoba.
- Canadian students have attained residencies in a wide variety of disciplines, including anesthesiology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, neurology, neuropathology, radiology, and more.
|"The rigor of the program is top-notch, and you are exposed to so many different medical scenarios and cultures—more than you would be at any other school."
DR. RACHELLE KRAUSE (ONTARIO), MD ('14)
Matched at University of Toronto in Internal Medicine in the first iteration of the 2015 CaRMS
|"The education that I received was top quality, and the professors had our best interests—as well as that of our future patients—at heart."
DR. PANAGIOTIS "TAKI" GALANOPOULOS (BRITISH COLUMBIA), MD, MSC, FAAFP ('07)
Outpatient physician at PrimeCare Medical Clinic, British Columbia
|"I think Ross prepares you to be an independent learner, which is extremely important in the field of medicine."
DR. VANESSA DOYLE (NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR), MD ('12)
Matched at University of Ottawa in Neurology in the first iteration of the 2012 CaRMS
Over the past six years, Ross Canadian students have earned 60+ competitive residency positions across Canada, and another 380+ in the United States.* Specialties earned include anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, laboratory medicine, neurology, neuropathology, obstretics-gynecology, pediatrics, physical medicine, psychiatry, radiology, and surgery.
- Ross' basic sciences curriculum is called Foundations of Medicine. The curriculum, which mixes traditional classroom-based learning with clinically relevant hands-on activities, is designed to prepare students for licensure and practice in the United States or Canada.
- In addition to the teaching hospitals Ross is affiliated with throughout the United States, Ross offers opportunities for students to complete clinical training in the United Kingdom and Canada.
- Ross has clinical affiliations with the University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon) and Queen’s Hospital in Romford, Essex in the UK.
- Recently Ross students have conducted elective clerkships at more than two dozen clinical sites in Canada.
Student Support: The ROSS Model
At Ross, we've established the Rely on Student Services (ROSS) model to provide clinical students with the support they need.
Canadian Student Society
The Canadian Student Society offers important information, such as exam preparation, visa requirements, and peer advisement on rotations, to Canadian medical students wishing to practice medicine in Canada as well as provide free workshops to any member of the Ross community.
Financial Aid Information
- For information about the loans, scholarships and grants available in your province, please visit the Canadian Government’s official website for the Student Assistance Program (SAP).
- Canadian students may be eligible for loans through the Canadian government and/or private loan programs. For more information, please refer to the Financial Planning Guide for Canadian Students [PDF].
- The DeVry Medical International (DMI) loan is designed for students in semesters 6-10 who may experience financial challenges after exhausting all other funding sources such as provincial and private loans. Eligible students may cumulatively receive up to $75,000 to cover tuition and fees.
- For more information, please call 732-509-3051 or email email@example.com.
- Please note that Ross only accepts U.S. currency for payment.
Canadian Banks Offering Student Lines Of Credit
Director of Admissions, Canada & International
Learn More In Person
Get your questions answered by our alumni at Ross University School of Medicine's upcoming Information Seminar.
Ross News for Canadians
- 2016 CARMS: Canadian Student Gets 1 of 2 Available IMG Peds Spots at Western U
- 2016 CARMS: Dana Trafford (Ross ’16) Heading Home to Canada for Residency
- RESIDENCY: Ross Students Attain Residencies in 2016 CaRMS Match
- From Chief Resident to Chief Medical Officer, Grad has Rich Career
- RESIDENCIES: Ross Grad Excited About Her CaRMS Match at University of Toronto
- RESIDENCIES: Canadian Ross Grads Match in a Variety of Programs, Specialties in 2015s
- Canadian Ross Alum Matches in Psychiatry at University of Saskatchewan
- Five Questions with Tom Harkness, Senior Associate Director of Admissions for Canada and Beyond
- 2014 Canadian Match Results
- Student Lands Competitive Neurology Residency with Renowned Canadian Teaching Hospital
- Ross Junior Faculty Members Offer Good Advice at Canadian Students Society Event