medical school facts: help Your Son or Daughter Pursue their Dream
For so many of our students, medical school is a family affair, a journey that the medical student and his family, friends, and loved ones take together, even if separated by thousands of miles. We encourage parents to be active participants in the process of exploring Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM). The information in this section was prepared for you, and hopefully answers most (if not all) of the questions you have about RUSM.
If you are interested in exploring RUSM further, and helping to guide your son or daughter through the process of potentially selecting and applying to RUSM, then there are a few things you can do:
- Attend an information seminar. Each year, we hold events all across the country to provide information about RUSM and answer questions from aspiring medical students and their families. Find an event near you.
- Contact an admissions advisor. We have a cadre of admissions advisors located around the US and Canada whose responsibility is to work with you and your son or daughter to explore your medical school options. Contact the admissions advisor in your region.
- Download an admissions viewbook. Just about every question you might have can be answered here on this website, but if you’d like to flip through our admissions viewbook and learn more, it’s easy to do. Just fill out a simple form and we’ll send you one.
- Start the financial aid process now. Regardless of where your son or daughter wants to attend medical school, it’s good to get the paperwork started. Fill out a FAFSA form to allow our Office of Financial Aid to assess your son or daughter’s options for financial aid. Find the form here.
- Check out our scholarships. RUSM has a varied selection of scholarship offerings that reward incoming students’ academic achievement, life experiences, and community service. Chances are that your son or daughter meets the qualifications for one or more. View scholarship offerings.
- Assess your son or daughter’s chances of admission. RUSM has a holistic admissions process that considers factors like undergraduate performance, maturity, experience, and performance on the MCAT. Our interactive admissions assessment tool can give you quick feedback on where your son or daughter stands in comparison to students typically admitted to RUSM. Fill out the assessment.
There’s much more to explore when it comes to learning about RUSM. Take a deeper dive into RUSM's Parents Guide using the navigation buttons in the menu on the left or the links below.