ross and FLORIDA: facts and figures
Join us at our information seminar in Orlando on Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 2 p.m. Sign up here.
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Florida, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
Florida by the Numbers
- About 12.5% of Ross students are from Florida.
- According to the 2015 AAMC Physician Databook, 35.5% of Florida's active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 3rd in the U.S.
Meet Some Grads from Florida
|"To me, the brain is like the final frontier. There's so much we don't know about this organ--it encompasses everything, from neurology, to hardcore neurological aspects of disease, to psychiatry."
DR. AMY JARVIS, MD ('03)
Vascular neurologist at the Miami-Dade Neuroscience Institute
|"Ross made me a better person and physician."
DR. ADAM WALDMAN, MD, FACC ('99)
Chair, Orlando Regional Medical Center Congestive Heart Failure Program
|"I thank God for Ross, for giving me the opportunity to become a physician. I love what I do."
DR. CLEOPATRA GORDON-PUSEY, MD ('04)
Family practice owner in Pembroke Pines, FL
For more testimonials from Ross graduates, check out our Alumni Profiles.
Ross Clinical Affiliates in Florida
- Center for Haitian Studies/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami
- Cleveland Clinic, Weston
- Full list of Ross Clinical Affiliates
In 2016, 786 current and former Ross graduates earned residencies throughout the United States. More than 50 Ross students earned residency positions in Florida. Residency program sites appointing Ross graduates include:
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Florida Atlantic University’s Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
- Florida State University College of Medicine
- University of Florida College of Medicine
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital
- Some states, including Florida, require approval for international medical schools. Ross is proud to be approved in Florida.
- Ross graduates are eligible to seek licensure in Florida.
- For more information, visit the Accreditation & Approvals page.
Where Do Our Florida Students Come From?
From which schools did most of our Florida-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of Florida
- University of South Florida
- Florida International University
- Florida State University
- University of Central Florida
Did You Know?
- After completing the Foundations of Medicine curriculum on the Ross campus in Dominica, students begin the Clinical Sciences curriculum in south Florida via Ross' Internal Medicine Foundations clerkship. Read more about our curriculum.
There's much more to discover about Ross. Dive in.
Learn More In Person
Get your questions answered by our alumni at Ross University School of Medicine's upcoming Information Seminars.
Ross News for Florida