rOSS and GEORGIA: facts and figures
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Georgia, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
Georgia by the Numbers
- About 4% of Ross students are from Georgia.
- According to the 2015 AAMC Physician Databook, 21% of Georgia’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 21st in the US.
Meet Some Grads from Georgia
|"Being Ross students, we tended to have more of a 'go-getter' mentality. We had a real sense of community since we were all focused on the same thing, and we knew we needed to make our strides count every step of the way."
DR. AUDRA FORD, MD ('05)
Family practice physician at the Center for Primary Care in Augusta, GA
||He went from full-time faculty member, to medical student, to chief resident in surgery.
DR. RAY KING, MD, PhD ('10)
Named "Resident of the Year" for 2015 at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, GA; later earned a colorectal surgery fellowship
|"I work with wonderful people, I get fantastic training, and I have wonderful opportunities. I wouldn't change anything."
DR. SOLA FASUSI, MD ('12)
Plastic surgery fellow at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, GA
For more testimonials from Ross graduates, check out our Alumni Profiles.
Ross Clinical Affiliates in Georgia
- Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta
- Full list of Ross Clinical Affiliates
In 2016, 786 current and former Ross graduates earned residencies throughout the United States. That same year, more than 30 Ross students earned residency positions at Georgia hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Medical Center of Central Georgia/Mercer University School of Medicine
- Medical College of Georgia
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
Where Do Our Georgia Students Come From?
From which schools did most of our Georgia-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of Georgia
- Georgia State University
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Southern University
There's much more to discover about Ross. Dive in.
Learn More In Person
Get your questions answered by our alumni at Ross University School of Medicine's upcoming Information Seminars.
No seminars currently scheduled for your area. Check back soon!
Ross News for Georgia