ross and ILLINOIS: facts and figures
Join us at our information seminar in Chicago on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 2 p.m. Sign up here.
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Illinois, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
Illinois by the Numbers
- About 4.5% of Ross students are from Illinois.
- According to the 2015 AAMC Physician Databook, 31% of Illinois’ active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 4th in the US.
Meet Some Grads from Illinois
|"For those of us with so-called disabilities, if you persevere long enough, eventually your weakness will become your strength."
DR. JOHNATHON STEPHENS, MD ('16)
Radiology resident at St. Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL
|"I want people to work with me to develop treatment plans and lifestyle changes to optimize their health. I enjoy getting to know my patients and educating them about all aspects of healthcare."
DR. JAIME MARTINEZ, MD ('09)
Family medicine practitioner at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon, IL
For more testimonials from Ross graduates, check out our Alumni Profiles page.
Ross Clinical Affiliates in Illinois
- Mount Sinai Hospital, Chicago
- Saint Anthony Hospital, Chicago
- West Suburban Hospital, Oak Park
- Full list of Ross Clinical Affiliates
In 2016, 786 current and former Ross graduates earned residencies throughout the United States. That same year, more than 40 Ross students earned residency positions in numerous quality Illinois hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Northwestern University—McGaw Medical Center
- University of Illinois—Methodist Medical Center
- University of Chicago Medical Center
Where Do Our Illinois Students Come From?
From which schools did most of our Illinois-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Loyola University
- Benedictine University
- Northwestern University
Did You Know?
- Joseph A. Flaherty, MD, Dean of Ross, grew up in downstate Illinois. And before he became dean of Ross, he was dean at University of Illinois College of Medicine (UICOM), one of the largest medical schools in the United States. Learn more about Dean Flaherty here.
There's much more to discover about Ross. Dive in.
Learn More In Person
Get your questions answered by our alumni at Ross University School of Medicine's upcoming Information Seminars.
Ross News for Illinois