Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including California, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
CALIFORNIA BY THE NUMBERS
- 14.82% of RUSM students currently enrolled are from California.
- According to the 2019 AAMC State Physician Workforce Data Report, 24.0% of California’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 17th in the US.
Med School residency California
As of 4/16/2020, 585 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 24 disciplines. That same year, more than 55 Ross students earned residency positions at California hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Loma Linda University
- UC San Francisco
- UC Riverside
WHERE DO OUR CALIFORNIA STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our California-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of California Riverside (12.61%)
- University of California Irvine (9.63)
- University of California Los Angeles (8.26%)
- University of California Davis (8.03%)
- University of California San Diego (6.65%)
The spark that led to Michael Nguyen’s, MD ’19, interest in medicine was lit in elementary school when his grandmother suffered a stroke.
When the opportunity to shadow a practicing anesthesiologist presented itself in college, the spark that inspired Sara Parmiter, MD ’19, a November 2019 graduate, to follow her dream and become a physician was lit
With commencement just a few short weeks away, Stacey Ho’ 19, is taking a well-deserved break to reflect on how far she has come.
Growing up in a family of physicians, Dr. Joshua Mansour started volunteering in the local community medical clinics and hospitals while young. He thoroughly relished in the experience and was immediately drawn to the positive patient interactions.
Raised in a family of healthcare professionals, Keena Kohl, MD ’19, has wanted to be a physician for as long as she can remember.