FACTS AND FIGURES
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Georgia, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
Georgia by the Numbers
- About 4% of Ross students are from Georgia.
- According to the 2015 AAMC Physician Databook, 21% of Georgia’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 21st in the US.
Ross Clinical Affiliates in Georgia
- Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta
- Full list of Ross Clinical Affiliates
In 2017, 660 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 15 disciplines. That same year, more than 30 Ross students earned residency positions at Georgia hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Atlanta Medical Center
- Mercer University
- Medical College of Georgia
- Memorial Health University Medical Center
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
- Redmond Regional Medical Center
Where Do Our Georgia Students Come From?
From which schools did most of our Georgia-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of Georgia
- Georgia State University
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Southern University
Meet Some Grads from Georgia
Family practice physician at the Center for Primary Care in Augusta, GA
"Being Ross students, we tended to have more of a 'go-getter' mentality. We had a real sense of community since we were all focused on the same thing, and we knew we needed to make our strides count every step of the way."
Named "Resident of the Year" for 2015 at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, GA; later earned a colorectal surgery fellowship
He went from full-time faculty member, to medical student, to chief resident in surgery.
Plastic surgery fellow at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, GA
"I work with wonderful people, I get fantastic training, and I have wonderful opportunities. I wouldn't change anything."