Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Ohio, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
OHIO BY THE NUMBERS
- About 2.27% of RUSM students currently enrolled are from Ohio.
- According to the 2019 AAMC State Physician Workforce Data Report, 25.1% of Ohio’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 13th in the US.
Med Schools RESIDENCY ohio
As of 4/16/2020, 585 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 24 disciplines. That same year, more than 16 Ross students earned residency positions at Ohio hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Case Western University
- Mount Carmel Health System
- Mercy Health – St. Rita’s Medical Center
- University of Toledo
- Western Reserve Health Education
- St. Luke’s Hospital
WHERE DO OUR OHIO STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our Ohio-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- Ohio State University (19.35%)
- University of Akron (9.68%)
- University of Toledo (8.06%)
- University of Cincinnati (6.45%)
- Cleveland State University (4.84%)
"The most important reasons I chose to attend [Ross] were the school's reputation, 50-state approval, and the provision of federal loans. These factors are so important when looking at Caribbean schools."
"I have zero regrets about my choice and see tons of Ross students rotate and succeed with the programs I work at and have worked at."