Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Ohio, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
OHIO BY THE NUMBERS
- About 2.27% of RUSM students currently enrolled are from Ohio.
- According to the 2019 AAMC State Physician Workforce Data Report, 25.1% of Ohio’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 13th in the US.
Med Schools RESIDENCY ohio
As of 4/16/2020, 585 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 24 disciplines. That same year, more than 16 Ross students earned residency positions at Ohio hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Case Western University
- Mount Carmel Health System
- Mercy Health – St. Rita’s Medical Center
- University of Toledo
- Western Reserve Health Education
- St. Luke’s Hospital
WHERE DO OUR OHIO STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our Ohio-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- Ohio State University (19.35%)
- University of Akron (9.68%)
- University of Toledo (8.06%)
- University of Cincinnati (6.45%)
- Cleveland State University (4.84%)
"I have zero regrets about my choice and see tons of Ross students rotate and succeed with the programs I work at and have worked at."
"The most important reasons I chose to attend [Ross] were the school's reputation, 50-state approval, and the provision of federal loans. These factors are so important when looking at Caribbean schools."