Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Pennsylvania, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
PENNSYLVANIA BY THE NUMBERS
- 2.43% of RUSM students currently enrolled are from Pennsylvania.
- According to the 2019 AAMC State Physician Workforce Data Report, 23.5% of Pennsylvania’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 18th in the US.
med schools RESIDENCY pennsylvania
As of 4/16/2020, 585 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 24 disciplines. That same year, more than 22 Ross students earned residency positions at Pennsylvania hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
- York Hospital
- Temple University Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Allegheny General Hospital
WHERE DO OUR PENNSYLVANIA STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our Pennsylvania-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- Temple University (17.14%)
- University of Pittsburgh (8.57%)
- Penn State University Park (7.14%)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania (4.29%)
- Penn State Abington (4.29%)
This student was awarded Ross' Community Health
Leadership Scholarship in 2015. She earned a bachelor's
degree from Drexel University and a master's degree from
Drexel University College of Medicine.