Facts And Figures
Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Texas, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
TEXAS BY THE NUMBERS
- About 7.8% of Ross students currently enrolled are from Texas.
- According to the 2015 AAMC Physician Databook, 25% of Texas’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 12th in the US.
In 2017, 660 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 15 disciplines. More than 20 Ross students earned residency positions at Texas hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Baylor Scott & White Health
- Methodist Hospital
- Texas Tech University
- University of Texas
- Valley Baptist Medical Center
- Wichita Falls Family Health Center
WHERE DO OUR TEXAS STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our Texas-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Houston
- Baylor University
- Texas A&M University
- University of Texas at Arlington
MEET THESE ROSS STUDENTS FROM TEXAS WHO EARNED SCHOLARSHIPS
MEET SOME ROSS GRADS IN TEXAS
This grad was named a 2016 Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), recognizing his professional excellence and significant service to the profession.
"I have zero regrets about my choice and see tons of Ross students rotate and succeed with the programs I work at and have worked at."
This grad co-founded MAJI 4 Life, a nonprofit organization which provides clean water to resource-limited areas in Kenya.