Mental Health in Academics
January 13, 2021 | 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET
- The Stigma of Mental Health: Discuss the causes of this “stigma” and what the academic community is doing well and could improve on to encourage students to utilize mental health resources.
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety: What are some of the most effective ways to deal with the pressure of a rigorous academic program?
- Signs of Depression: What are some of the warning signs of depression and what resources are available to those who have self-identified those signs?
- Self-Care: Talk about the importance of finding time for hobbies and leisure activities and how that can have a positive impact on academics.
- Support at Ross: If students decide to pursue their medical education at Ross, what mental health services can they expect will be available to them?