HBCU & HSI Partnerships
Diversity in Admissions: The Access and Inclusion in Medicine (AIM) Scholars Program seeks to increase the number of students from diverse backgrounds, to be successful medical graduates. This meaningful pathway program promotes equitable educational access for highly qualified Black and Latinx students with the fortitude to complete their medical degree through partnerships with the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs). While also, directly impacting underserved communities by decreasing the health disparities in the US. This is in line with Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) credo in striving for equity in healthcare through diversity and inclusion.
MERP Tuition Scholarship: Offered to students who are admitted to the Medical Education Readiness Program (MERP) and directly admitted students who opt to take MERP prior to beginning 1st semester.
MCAT Application Deferment: Prospects are eligible to apply to without an MCAT and will be reviewed for the MERP program. Prospects will be required to successfully pass MERP and have an MCAT score reported (within required deadlines) prior to enrolling to 1st semester.
Flight & Lodging to Campus Visit: All accepted students will have the opportunity to visit Barbados and get to experience a day in the life of a RUSM Student. RUSM will cover flight and lodging for two nights and up to two guests. Enrollment Agreement required.*
1st Semester Scholarship: Offered to students who are directly admitted and successfully pass the Medical Education Readiness Program (MERP).
1st Semester Housing Scholarship: Scholarship will cover 1st-semester housing and may be eligible for the scholarship to be extended to 2nd semester.
Flight to 1st Semester: All Accepted students will receive a scholarship covering their flight to attend the first semester.*
*To be eligible, you must be admitted to Ross University School of Medicine. Students who are residents of the state of New York residents must submit a Letter of intent in order to be eligible Students who are residents of the state of Florida are not eligible due to state regulations.
List of HBCU MOU Agreements
- Oakwood University
- Tuskegee University
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Charles R. Drew University
- Dillard University
List of HSI MOU Agreements
- California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Saint Peter's University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - all campuses
- University of Puerto Rico - all campuses
Support For AIM Scholars at RUSM
- Direct contact & admissions support to answer all your application and admissions questions.
- Assigned New Student Coordinator to help with your acclimation to campus.
- Assigned Peer Mentor to assist in your transition to life as a medical school student.
- Access to the Academy for Teaching and Learning (ATL) to help develop your plan for your medical school success.
- Clubs and organizations to connect and share common and explore new interests.
- Students are eligible to apply for admissions to any of RUSM’s three start dates during the year.
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA) Annual Medical Education Conference
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA) Annual Conference
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Summer Health Professions Education Programs (SHPEP) fairs
- Variety of AAMC diversity fairs and other events throughout the year
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
- Latino Medical Students Association
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Jewish Medical Professional Association
- Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA)
- Asian Pacific American Student Association (APAMSA)
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- and more!
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) and Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) today announced an agreement to establish joint education programs that are expected to increase the number of physicians practicing in under-resourced areas, including in California.