At Ross University School of Medicine, our mission is to prepare highly dedicated students to become effective, successful physicians. The key words in this statement are “dedicated” and “successful.” RUSM’s ' two-week, online pre-matriculation course has been developed to help prepare you for success.
The complimentary course, delivered through Canvas is meant to be informative and fun. We’re very confident that you’ll find participating beneficial: when you arrive in Barbados you’ll be better prepared for the island, you’ll have knowledge of the curriculum that awaits you, and you’ll also be equipped with resources to help you succeed at RUSM. New students will receive instructions on how to log in to the pre-matriculation course through Canvas before the course begins.
The purpose of the course is to:
- Prepare you to ‘hit the ground running’ you when you arrive in Barbados
- Familiarize you with the island and the RUSM curriculum
- Help you gain lifelong learning skills needed to be successful at RUSM and throughout your journey to become a practicing physician
The course components are:
- A daily dose of anatomy and biochemistry
- Daily activities to help you acquire important skills needed to be successful at RUSM
- Weekly challenges that will allow you to improve your critical thinking and explicit reasoning skills - both essential skills of medical doctors
- Discussion forums
- "Live" Online Meeting featuring Q&A with faculty and junior faculty