Office of Career Attainment
The Office of Career Attainment (OCA) advises students in residency preparation, prepares student documents in preparation for residency, and assists graduated students by facilitating their ongoing post-graduate professional pursuits.
This office has 3 distinct parts, Career Development, Licensing and Credentialing and Writing.
The team’s directors each have more than three decades of experience working with students. They understand the unique and sometimes subtle nature of the medical climate as it pertains to a RUSM student and the issues he or she faces. By understanding the medical and residency landscape, the OCA departments identify the advantages and challenges RUSM students may face with regard to the changing nature of the medical career field and helps gear students toward designing a landscape for their future careers.
The OCA Career Advisors help students on how to best prepare to enter The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and/or specialty matches and provides the necessary credentials for a successful application. The OCA also provides information that can be helpful in determining the specialties that best suit a student’s academic interest and performance and advises on interview skills, the residency application process, and successful approaches that will represent him or her best.
The OCA Writers prepares and guides students on the residency documents that have to be completed in order to apply and go through the interview process. From the personal statement, CV and the MSPE, students are given the tools they need to empower them to maximize their results throughout the Match season.
Serving as a liaison with ECFMG, the OCA Licensing Analysts assures students are ECFMG-certified, a culminating validation of their education as being on the level sought in US medical school curricula. The OCA subsequently administers all verification and state licensure documentation for graduated students.
OCA Career Advisors will assist you in preparing for Residency by:
- Advising students starting at IMF
- Conducting Mock Interviews through Skype, at Miramar, or via telephone
- Providing timely guidance for students who are experiencing clerkship challenges
- Answering and providing residency information and career guidance about specific specialty programs
- Researching options for unmatched students or those with gaps prior to start of match year
OCA Writers will assist you in preparing for Residency Applications by:
- Collecting the personal statement, CV, and MSPE information forms in order to draft the MSPE
- Drafting the MSPE
- Advising students about the documents in preparation for residency
- Editing and revising the personal statement and CV
- Uploading official documentation to ERAS (MSPE and transcript)
- Preparing MSPE or transcripts for fellowships through EFDO
For more information, please contact:
Office of Career Attainment
Ross University School of Medicine
2300 SW 145th Avenue Suite 200
Miramar, FL 33027