Alpha Omega Alpha
Vietnam Service Medal
2nd Year Medical Students at Ross University Voted as Favorite Lecture Professor 2014
Voted Most Valuable Professor in Microbiology by Students at RUSM Class of 2020 2017
Ron Taylor Award for TEACH values at RUSM 2017
1. Butler, T. A clinical study of bubonic plague. Observations of the 1970 Vietnam epidemic with emphasis on coagulation studies, skin histology and electrocardiograms. Am. J. Med. 53:268-276, 1972.
2. Butler, T., Linh, N.N., Arnold, K., and Pollack, M. Chloramphenicol resistant typhoid fever in Vietnam associated with R factor. Lancet 2:983-985, 1973.
3. Butler, T., Weaver, R.E., Venkata Ramai, T.K., Uyeda, C.T., Bobo, R.A., Ryu, J.S., Kohler, R.B. Unidentified gram negative rod infections: a new disease of man. Ann. Intern. Med. 86:1-5, 1977.
4. Butler, T., Aikawa, M., Habte-Michael, A., Wallace, C.K. Phagocytosis of Borrelia recurrentis by polymorphonuclear leukocytes is enhanced by antibiotic treatment. Infect. Immun. 28: 1009-1013, 1980.
5. Wang, F., Butler, T., Rabbani, G.H., Jones. P.K. The acidosis of cholera: contributions of hyperproteinemia, lactic acidemia, and hyperphosphatemia to an increased serum anion gap. New Engl. J. Med. 315:1591-1595, 1986.
6. Butler, T., Islam, M.R., Azad, A.K., Jones, P.K. Risk factors for development of the hemolytic uremic syndrome during shigellosis: role of antimicrobial treatment. J. Pediatr. 110:894-897, 1987.
7. Mwengee, W., Butler, T., Mgema, S., Mhina, G., Almasi, Y., Bradly, C., Formanik, J.B., Rochester, C.G. Treatment of plague with gentamicin or doxycycline in a randomized clinical trial in Tanzania. Clin. Infect. Dis. 42:614-621, 2006.
8. Butler, T. Treatment of severe cholera: a review of strategies to reduce stool output and volumes of rehydration fluid. Trans. Roy. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg 111:204-210, 2017.