Stephanie Date, MBBS
Dr. Stephanie Date was born and raised in Barbados, where she graduated from the University of The West Indies (UWI), Cave Hill, with a Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree in 2015. Dr. Date became certified and registered with the Barbados Association of Medical Practitioners, and practiced as a Senior House Officer in Ophthalmology and a General Surgery surgical assistant and physician.
She quickly developed a passion and interest for Medical Education and Research, and began tutoring in Clinical and Gross Anatomy at UWI, Cave Hill. At present, Stephanie is enrolled in the MPhil Pharmacology program at Cave Hill, with specific interest in health disparities among Afro-Caribbean women. She is currently investigating a common anti-diabetic drug (Metformin) and its possible anti-neoplastic properties among a cohort of Barbadian, postmenopausal women with endometrial cancer. Continuing, she enjoys serving as Senior Fellow of The Yale Transdisciplinary Collaborative Center for Health Disparities Research, working alongside The Eastern Caribbean Health Outcomes Research Network (ECHORN).
Dr. Date also sits on the Barbados Cancer Society Breast Screening Program Subcommittee.
Stephanie strongly believes in the power of a healthy work-life balance. She both dances and teaches Tap at The Dance Place in Barbados, choreographing and performing in numerous local productions. She has completed several courses of American Sign Language and is an avid home gardener and environmentalist, recently launching and selling her own line of local, homegrown items including chutneys and jams. She is excited to expand her interest and experience in Medical Education, Clinical Anatomy and Pharmacology, and looks forward to the journey ahead.
- General Medicine
- Clinical Anatomy
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Gynaecological Cancer Research
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), The UWI Cave Hill Campus, Barbados - 2013.
- MBBS, The UWI Cave Hill Campus, Barbados- 2015.
- Currently 3rd year MPhil Pharmacology student at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus.
- Basic Life Support-The Barbados Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)- The Barbados Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program) Certification in Human Subject Research.
- Intermediate level certification in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Royal Academy of Dance Certificates with Distinction from Pre-Primary to Grade 4.
- The Lionel Stuart Award for Best Performance in the MBBS Surgical examinations - 2015.
- The Professor Harley Moseley Award for Best Performance in the Anaesthesia and Intensive Care rotation and MBBS examination-2015.
- Awarded the “LOL: Laugh out Loud” Award for the funniest lecturer, University of The West Indies, Cave Hill- 2019.