Application Fast Facts
- User-friendly online application (approximate time to complete: 30 minutes)
- Three new enrollments each year in January, May, and September
- Applications accepted throughout the year for all upcoming semesters
- There are no deadlines for admissions, but be on the lookout for our next early admissions deadline.
- Review our full list of admissions and prerequisite course requirements.
- The average MCAT of students accepted to RUSM between September 2014 and September 2015 is 24. Applicants must take the MCAT to be considered for admission.
- Stay up to date on this year’s MCAT test dates and registration deadlines.
Ways to Learn More About RUSM
- Contact our admissions team
- Download our admissions brochure
- Read information geared toward parents of future students
- Attend an information seminar
- Attend a webinar
- Review financial aid information
- Complete our quick interactive admissions assessment
- Read content posted on our blog
Reasons to Consider RUSM
- The opportunity to pursue an MD in a well-established program that is recognized globally and nationally
- A strong residency track record including a banner year in 2015, with more than 830 RUSM graduates attaining residency positions, and RUSM achieving an 88% first-attempt residency attainment rate. In addition, 99% of 2014-2015 RUSM graduates who passed their USMLE exams on the first attempt attained a residency by April 2016
- The support of a powerful new student services model that assists students from the clinical sciences through to residency
- Clinical training in quality US teaching hospitals and the opportunity for all students to complete all core rotations in a single geographical area
- Basic science instruction that has resulted in USMLE Step 1 performances that have consistently been on par with US/Canadian medical schools
- Accreditation by the Dominican Medical Board, which is reviewed and recognized by the US Department of Education
- Eligibility for participation in the US Federal Direct Loan Program
- RUSM graduates are eligible to become licensed to practice in every US state, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Technologically advanced campus in Dominica, West Indies
- Strong affiliations with quality teaching hospitals across the US
- 97% first-time pass rate on United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 for 2014
- 830+ residency positions attained in 2015 by RUSM graduates
- More than 12,000 alumni all across the United States, Canada, and beyond