Welcome Medical School Students
You are about to embark on your new life at Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), and we are eager to welcome you to your new home.
MyRoss is a student self-service tool designed to empower you with access to your student records, anytime, anywhere, via the web. You can access the following information:
- Personal information: view and update your student, contact, and emergency contact information, as well as your directory profile.
- Financial Aid: apply for financial aid, review status of loans and document requirements.
- Student Accounts: view your account summary, make a payment, obtain health insurance, and more.
- Registrar: change your address, view holds, and download forms.
- Student and Professional Development: apply for a MSPE, view the Pre-Residency Planning Guide and Timeline, and more.
- Clinical: view your clinical schedule, hospital, and rotation information, and more.
MyCampus Portal is is a one-stop shop for everything you’ll need to be well-prepared for medical school and Barbados. The portal will give you an overview of all necessary preparations and a sneak peek into those that become available closer to the start of your term.
On the portal, you’ll find:
- Upcoming deadlines
- Recommended travel dates
- The current academic calendar
- Housing information
- Helpful FAQs
- Copies of required documents for your reference
- Ways to connect with your future classmates
- Student support service information
- Videos and pictures of campus
Note: You’ll need to log in often, as information will be updated regularly, including registration details and the supply list.
MyRoss is a student self-service tool designed to empower you with access to your student records, anytime, anywhere, via the web.
The myCampus Portal is is a one-stop shop for everything you’ll need to be well-prepared for medical school and Barbados.
This Student Handbook is effective as of Feb 18, 2019. Its contents apply to all students, including those on semester break, Approved Absence (AA) or Temporary Withdrawal, and those visiting other medical schools or clinical affiliates.
Ross University School of Medicine is implementing innovative technological solutions to add even more value to your medical school experience.
PRE-MATRICULATION COURSE FOR NEW STUDENTS
At Ross University School of Medicine, our mission is to prepare highly dedicated students to become effective, successful physicians. The key words in this statement are “dedicated” and “successful.” Ross' three-week, online pre-matriculation course has been developed to help prepare you for success.
The complimentary course, delivered through eCollege® and the New Student Portal, is meant to be informative and fun. We’re very confident that you’ll find participating beneficial: when you arrive in Barbados you’ll be better prepared for the island, you’ll have knowledge of the curriculum that awaits you, and you’ll also be equipped with resources to help you succeed at Ross. New students can log in to the prematriculation course through the myCampusPortal.
The purpose of the course is to:
- Prepare you to ‘hit the ground running’ you when you arrive in Barbados
- Familiarize you with the island and the Ross curriculum
- Help you gain lifelong learning skills needed to be successful at Ross and throughout your journey to become a practicing physician
The course components are:
- A daily dose of anatomy and biochemistry
- Daily activities to help you acquire important skills needed to be successful at Ross
- Weekly challenges that will allow you to improve your critical thinking and explicit reasoning skills - both essential skills of medical doctors
- Discussion forums
- Weekly Twitter® chats to share information with your future classmates
- "Live" Online Meeting featuring Q&A with faculty and junior faculty
The daily assignments and resources through eCollege will attribute to your medical school success.