White Coat Ceremony
THE FIRST STEPS TO YOUR MD: THE WHITE COAT CEREMONY
The white coat ceremony is a special event that welcomes incoming medical students into the study of medicine and emphasizes the importance of compassionate care, scientific aptitude and ethical behavior, both in medical school and in your chosen profession. This ceremony is an important rite-of-passage that marks the transformation of a new cohort of RUSM students entering as doctors-in-training.
Spring 2021 Virtual White Coat Ceremony | May 14TH, 2021 @ 3:30 PM AST
The virtual white coat ceremony will include:
- Welcome to RUSM by Ricardo Hood, MD, Chair and Associate Professor, Clinical Foundations
- Presentation on the Meaning of the White Coat by James M. Record MD, JD, FACP, Provost & Chief Academic Officer
- Keynote Address by RUSM Alumna Kristi Ford-Scales, MD’10, Medical Director, Spartanburg Regional Hospice; Associate Director, Spartanburg Regional Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship Program
- Presentation of the virtual donning of the white coat
- Recitation of the Modified Oath of Geneva
VIRTUAL VIDEO TOUR
Explore videos and photos of RUSM's curriculum, technology, student support and Barbados housing.
Choose your own living experience, on or offsite after your first semester.
From white sand beaches to colonial-style buildings, Bridgetown, Barbados is full of natural and man-made attractions.
RUSM provides students, faculty and staff with a range of services: health clinic, family services, dining and club fitness.