Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Illinois, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
ILLINOIS BY THE NUMBERS
- 4.54% of RUSM students currently enrolled are from Illinois.
- According to the 2019 AAMC State Physician Workforce Data Report, 30.7% of Illinois’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 4th in the US.
Med school residency illinois
As of 4/16/2020, 585 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 24 disciplines. That same year, more than 30 Ross students earned residency positions at Illinois hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of Illinois
- University of Chicago
- Carle Foundation Hospital
WHERE DO OUR ILLINOIS STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our Illinois-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- University of Illinois at Chicago (17.89%)
- Loyola University (12.20%)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (10.57%)
- Benedictine University (9.76%)
- Roosevelt University (2.44%)
Clinical development of targeted and immune-based anti-cancer therapies have put us in a better position than ever before to fight this ongoing battle, according to Doron Feinsilber, MD ’06, a medical oncologist in southwestern Florida.
Meet Paola Portela, MD'07 MHA, graduate of Ross University School of Medicine and learn about her journey into medicine, her experience at Ross University School of Medicine and what it’s like to be a practicing pediatrician.
Meet Roohi Jeelani, MD'10 FACOG, graduate of Ross University School of Medicine and learn about her journey into medicine, her experience at Ross University School of Medicine and what it’s like to be a practicing fertility doctor.