The Ross Mission
Our mission is to prepare highly dedicated students to become effective, successful physicians. We do this by focusing on imparting the knowledge, skills, and values required for our students to establish a successful and satisfying career as a physician.
Your success is what drives us.
We want our students to get the most out of their education here at Ross, which goes beyond reading textbooks and preparing for exams - it's more. It's finding a balance between classroom lessons and life lessons, and gaining the experience that can make you a better student, a better person, and a better future physician.
Get a deeper look at our academic outcomes, areas of distinctions, accreditations, and more at our Facts and Figures page.
RUSM is one of the oldest and most accomplished Caribbean medical schools serving students primarily from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico - providing them with the foundation they need to pursue successful careers in medicine for nearly 40 years.
- 1978: Ross University School of Medicine was founded by Robert Ross as a provider of medical education offering Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree programs
- 1981: Classes and laboratory exercises are held in a newly constructed academic building on RUSM's main campus
- 2013: The 10,000th graduate of Ross receives their medical degree from the school
- 2015: Ross opens the new Student Center, now the feature building on the Dominica campus
- 2015: Ross beats its previous residency record, with more than 830 graduates earning residency placements during the 2015 MATCH cycle
- 2018 Ross relocates Basic Sciences campus to temporary locations in Knoxville, TN and St. Kitts
- 2019 Ross relocates Basic Sciences campus to Barbados