Erine Raybon-Rojas, MD
Chair, Internal Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease and Pulmonary Embolism
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Medicine and Graduate Medical Education
Education and Certification
- Ross University School of Medicine, MD (2008)
- University of Georgia, BS (2003)
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship, Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University (2012-2015)
- Internal Medicine Residency, Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University (2009-2012)
- CITI Research with Human Subjects Certificate (2020)
- Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine (2017)
- Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease (2015)
Affiliations and Memberships
- American Medical Association
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Michigan State Medical Society
Research and Publications
- Abidoye O, Raybon-Rojas E, Ogbuagu H (January 10, 2022) A Rare Case of Epstein-Barr Virus: Infectious Mononucleosis Complicated by Guillain-Barré Syndrome. Cureus 14(1): e21085. doi:10.7759/cureus.21085
- Nanchal, Rahul; Rojas, Erine; Jefferies, David; Odeh, Tariq; Guddati, Achuta; Meersman, Mark; Kumar, Gagan 155: Outcomes of Covid-19 Patients: Are Hispanics at Greater Risk?, Critical Care Medicine: January 2022 - Volume 50 - Issue 1 - p 61 doi: 10.1097/01.ccm.0000806944.24421.58
- Baleguli V, Mahmood R, Herrera M, et al. (December 09, 2021) Heparin-Induced Renal Tubular Acidosis Masquerading as Hyperkalemia in a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Patient: A Case Report. Cureus 13(12): e20312. doi:10.7759/cureus.20312
- Kumar G, Patel D, Odeh T, Rojas E, Sakhuja A, Meersman M, Dalton D, Nanchal R, Guddati AK. Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism and Effect of Anticoagulant Dosing in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients. J Hematol. 2020 Aug;10(4):162-170. doi: 10.14740/jh836. Epub 2021 Jul 28. PMID: 34527112; PMCID: PMC8425807.
- Odeh, T., Raybon-Rojas, E., Kumar, G. Is Low Socio-economic Status an Obstacle to Receiving a Valve Replacement in an Otherwise Indicated Patient with Infective Endocarditis? J. of the American College of Cardiology. 2021 May; 77. 18-1. 1717.
- Odeh, T., Raybon-Rojas, E., Kumar, G. Do the Rates of Valve Surgeries in patients with Infective Endocarditis Differ Among Different Insurance Groups? J. of the American College of Cardiology. 2021 May; 77. 18-1. 1740.
- Herrera, M., Kleyman, R., Baleguli, V., Raybon-Rojas, E., Budde, J., Kumar, G., Nash, C. Primary Malignant Melanoma of the Lung: A Case Report. CHEST. 221; 160(4): A1545.