Associate Professor, Department of Medical Foundations
Areas of Expertise
Reproductive & Basic Physiology
Education and Certification
- PhD in Reproductive Physiology
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership
- BSc in Biomedical Science
Honors & Awards
- Adtalem Ron Taylor Award, 2017
- IRCSET Government of Ireland Scholar, 2006-2009
Affiliations and Memberships
- International Association of Medical Sciences Educators (IAMSE)
- American Physiological Society (APS)
- Society of Reproduction and Fertility (SRF)
- Physiological Society (Physoc)
- Connolly JM, Davies K, Dockery P, Wheatley AM, Olivo M and Keogh I (2016) Non-invasive and label-free detection of oral squamous cell carcinoma using saliva surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy and multivariate analysis. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine. 12 (6) 1593-1601.
- Connolly JM, Kane MT, Quinlan LR, Dockery P and Hynes AC (2015) Hypoxia limits mouse follicle growth in vitro. Reproduction, Fertility and Development. 28 (10) 1570-1579.
- Davies K, Connolly JM, Dockery P, Wheatley AM, Olivo M and Keogh I (2015) Point of care optical diagnostic technologies for the detection of oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Surgeon. 13 (6) 321-329.
- Davies K, Connolly JM, Lang Y, Owens P, Dockery P, Olivo M, Keogh I (2015) Point of care optical diagnostic technology: using saliva as a molecular fingerprint for the early detection of oral and oropharyngeal (SCC). Irish Journal of medicine Science. 184 (10) 423.
- Connolly JM, Raghavan V, Owens P, Wheatley AM, Keogh I, Dockery P and Olivo M (2014) Nanogold-based photosensitizer probes for dual-modal bioimaging and therapy of cancer. Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology 5 (6) 249.
- Raghavan V, Connolly JM, Fan HM, Dockery P, Wheatley AM, Keogh I and Olivo M (2014) Gold nanosensitizers for multimodal optical diagnostic imaging and therapy of cancer. Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology 5 (6) 238.
- Davies K, Connolly JM, Owens P, Lang Y, Dockery P, Olivo M, Keogh I (2014) Novel nanogold SERS based photosensitizers as optical diagnostic probes for oral cancer. Irish Journal of Medical Science. 183, S234-S234.