Ranjan Solanki, MBBS, MD
Ranjan Solanki, MBBS, MD is a medical educator with more than 18 years of teaching experience in Pathology. He is a compassionate award-winning professor and author of numerous articles. Besides teaching pathology to graduate and undergraduate students, Dr. Solanki has been involved in the fields of clinical pathology, histopathology, cytopathology, and hematology.
Prior to joining Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), Dr. Solanki was Associate Professor of Pathology and Curriculum Chairperson at Trinity School of Medicine (TSOM), St. Vincent and the Grenadines. He has held many reputable positions and served in several committees in his career. As curriculum chairperson at TSOM, Dr. Solanki developed proactive curriculum mapping using online assessment platform to quantitatively evaluate learning objectives, outcomes, AAMC core and sub competences. Adding quantitative evaluation of core competencies and sub-competencies in competency based medical education is an important milestone out of many in his career. Before joining TSOM, he was Associate Professor and course director of System and Diseases V at Medical University of the Americas (MUA) in St. Kitts and Nevis.
Dr. Solanki’s teaching philosophy involves not only to impart knowledge to the students but also to help them comprehend the subject to acquire analytical skills, application abilities, constructive strategies, and evaluation abilities.
L.L.R.M. Medical College, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, India
G.S.V.M. Medical College, Chatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, India
- Best term 3rd & 4th Professor at Trinity School of Medicine, SVG, SGA Awards Summer 2017.
- Best term 3rd & 4th Professor at Trinity School of Medicine, SVG, SGA Awards Spring 2018.
- Best term 3rd & 4th Professor at Trinity School of Medicine, SVG, SGA Awards Summer 2019.
Medical Education, Curriculum Development, Active Learning, Histopathology, Cytopathology, Clinical Pathology, and Hematopathology.
Peer-reviewed full papers in academic journals
- Dragan Jovanovic, Tatjana Gazibara, Ranjan Solanki, Caleb Ackermann, Emily Satkovich. Perception of health-related case studies in the context of introduction to clinical medicine course: students’ and teachers’ perspective. Irish Journal of Medical Science, 2020; 189(1):373-379.
- Mishra M, Panta R, Miyares M, Solanki R. Association of Diabetes Mellitus and Thyroid
- Raju Panta, Keshab Paudel, Manish Mishra, Ranjan Solanki, Binu Shrestha, Jamil Ibrahim. Effectiveness of carbohydrate diet restriction in type 2 diabetes mellitus on insulin and incretin-based therapies. Asian Pac J Health Sci, 2018; 5(1):1-8.
- Mishra M, Sotto MR, Panta R, Miyares M, Solanki R. Association of Diabetes Mellitus and Thyroid Disorders: A Metabolic Prospective. Asian Pac J Health Sci, 2017; 4(3): 253-262.
- Solanki R, Shipra, Mishra M, Panta R, Jovanovic D, Gurung KB. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: Three Decades of lessons. Int J Curr Med Pharm Res, 2017; 3(9):2396-2405.
- Solanki Ranjan, Shipra. Relationship of Serum Ferritin with Acute Myocardial Infarction in different age groups. IJBMCR, 2014; 1(3):72-75.
- G. S. Manchanda, Anuj Kumar Maheshwari, Ranjan Solanki, Ritika Kansal. HCV sero prevalence among blood donors in Muzaffarnagar, India. JARBS, 2014; 6(2):125-129.
- Shipra, Bharat Kumar Gupta, Ranjan Solanki, Himanshu Punia, Vibhuti Agarwal, Jaskiran Kaur, Ashish Shukla. Relationship of Lipid Profile and Serum Ferritin levels with AMI. J Clin Diagn Res, 2014 Aug; 8(8):CC10– CC13.
- Goyal Tarang, Varshney Anupam, Solanki Ranjan. Co-existence of extramammary Paget's disease and Bowen's disease of vulva. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology, 2014; 80(6):530.
- Mohan Alok, Singh Shruti, Kaur Swarn, Agarwal Anil, Solanki Ranjan, Thakral Rajender, Varshney Anupam. Cell Cannibalism as an Indicator of Anaplasia and Tumour Aggressiveness in Carcinoma Breast. JARBS, 2013; 5(3):286-289.
- Kaur Satwant, Solanki Ranjan, Kaur Swarn. VIA- Simple & Economical Screening Method for CA Cervix. JARBS, 2013; 5(3): 299-302.
- Maheshwari Anuj Kumar, Manchanda GS, Solanki Ranjan, Kaur Swarn. Clinico-pathological Correlation of Ovarian Neoplasms. JARBS, 2013; 5(3):294-298.
- Rajendra K Thakral, Saurabh Yadav, Sangita Singhal, Ranjan Solanki, Anupam Varshney. Clinico-hematological Evaluation of Hemolytic Anaemias in Pediatric Age Group. JARBS, 2010; 2(1) 53–58.
- Rajender K Thakral, Saurabh Yadav, Shivani Sharma, Ranjan Solanki, Anil Kr Maurya. Evaluation of Lipid Levels Before and after Estrogen Therapy in Carcinoma Prostate Patients. JARBS, 2009; 1(2):146–152.
- Solanki Ranjan, Thakral Rajender, Shipra, Maheshwari Anuj Kumar, Agarwal Anil. Cervicovaginal Cytology in Cases of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. JARBS. 2011; 3(2):36-42.
- Solanki Ranjan, Thakral Rajender, Shipra, Varshney Anupam, Agarwal Anil. Thrombocytopenia in Cases of Malaria. JARBS. 2012; 4(1): 65-67.
- Solanki Ranjan, Varshney Anupam, Thakral Rajender, Yadav Saurabh, Agarwal Anil. Primary pleomorphic adenoma of the external auditory Canal: Report of A case & literature review. Indian Journal of Otology, 2010; 16:11-12.
- Dragan Jovanovic (Presenter), Rob Kidnie, Jamin Graham, Ranjan Solanki, and Jam Khojasteh. Assessing the benefits of Team Based Learning in the Context of a Medical Pathology Course. Poster presentation at 22nd IAMSE meeting, NV, USA, 2018.
- Dragan Jovanovic, Ranjan Solanki, Jam Khojasteh, Caleb Ackermann, Emily Satkovich, and Caine Marcus. Perception of Health- Related Case Studies in the Context of Introduction to Clinical Medicine Course. Poster presentation at 22nd IAMSE meeting, NV, USA, 2018
- Gaur Akanksha, Solanki Ranjan, Sharma V. Poster presentation- Infantile Trypanosomiasis a rare case presentation. UP PATHCON 2012, TMMC, India.
- Solanki Ranjan, Yadav Savita, Sharma Veena, Agrawal A, Bisht D. Poster- Adamantinoma of jaw, a rare case presentation. UP PATHCON 2005, AMU, India.
- Solanki R. 2018. Faculty Development session: Curriculum Mapping- Proactive Mapping. Trinity School of Medicine
- Solanki R. 2014. Bone Marrow Aspiration vs Biopsy. Muzaffar Nagar Medical College and Hospital
- Solanki R. 2012. Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology- Pros and Cons. Muzaffar Nagar Medical College and Hospital.