ONLINE BOOKSTORE AND BOOKLIST
We are pleased to partner with Ambassador Education Services to provide you with your educational supplies for the upcoming semester. Please see the helpful tips below to ensure a smooth ordering process.
We are pleased to partner with Ambassador Education Services to provide you with your educational supplies for the upcoming semester. Please see the helpful tips below to ensure a smooth ordering process. Visit the bookstore at rusmbookstore.rossu.edu.
- You can order past the deadline, but keep in mind that may delay delivery.
- Ross will be using E-Books for all Foundations of Medicine semesters*. You do not need to purchase hardcopy texts for these semesters. The E-Books will be provided to you as an E-Book package.
- You can choose to send your items to your US address or straight to the Barbados campus. IMF and Clinical students should ship their items to their local/home address.
- Students should review the booklist and the online bookstore items carefully as to avoid having duplicate items. Often, kits provide multiple items that may be used across various semesters. Sometimes, the individual items are listed again as replacements in case you need another instrument (for example, you may see a stethoscope listed in multiple semesters, but you only need to purchase it one time). Make sure to decline the items you do not need.
- Additional items will be added over the next few months (i.e. school apparel, school supplies).
- Download the September 2018 book and supply list here.
*Ross University School of Medicine uses electronic books (eBooks) for all of their semesters in Foundations of Medicine. Students are charged for the cost of their eBooks within the Educational Resource fee students pay every semester. In addition to the eBooks, the Educational Resource fee also includes additional course materials used throughout the student experience, online study materials, and covers fees required for background checks needed before students participate in clinical training. Ross has developed relationships with the publishers of the books to offer the eBooks at a reduced price.
Students are given the ability to opt out using eBooks by logging onto the myRoss website and completing the opt out form, but will need to independently purchase the complete list of all required books. Students will only be able to opt out during a 2 week period at the start of the Foundations of Medicine curriculum in semester 1: the week prior to the start of classes, and during the first week of classes. After the form is received by the Office of Student Accounts, it will be reviewed and a credit will be issued to the student’s account. The credit will be the total cost of the books offered in the time period the student has decided to opt out in one sum. The student will continue to be required to pay the Educational Resource Fee.
Please note to students that decide to purchase their books from other providers; not all vendors offer all the required books as new, used, for rent or electronic; thus students may have to purchase books from several vendors. The cost of the books often exceeds the cost of the Ross eBook option. Students will be required to pay sales tax, Barbados value added tax (VAT tax) and international shipping charges. The cost of the taxes and shipping alone can exceed the total cost of the books. Books may need to be shipped by the student and personally cleared by customs, as these options on vendor sites may not be available ship to the Caribbean islands (i.e. Amazon®).
Books are required and essential for learning the material needed for the curriculums. A faculty member may request to review that a student has purchased all required materials.