Each year, Ross University School of Medicine welcomes students from states across the US, including Michigan, to medical school. Take a look at the facts and figures below to learn about how Ross connects with your home state.
MICHIGAN BY THE NUMBERS
- 3.15% of RUSM students currently enrolled are from Michigan.
- According to the 2019 AAMC State Physician Workforce Data Report, 29.2% of Michigan’s active physicians graduated from an international medical school, ranking it 6th in the US.
Med schools residency Michigan
As of 4/16/2020, 585 Current and former Ross graduates attained residencies in 24 disciplines. That same year, more than 58 Ross students earned residency positions at Michigan hospitals/teaching facilities, including:
- Central Michigan University
- Detroit Medical Center
- Ascension Providence Hospital
- Michigan State University
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Wayne State University
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
WHERE DO OUR MICHIGAN STUDENTS COME FROM?
From which schools did most of our Michigan-area students graduate? See the top five below.
- Wayne State University (23.60%)
- Michigan State University (15.73)
- Oakland University (11.24%)
- University of Michigan (10.11%)
- Western Michigan University (5.62)
MEET ALUMNI IN MICHIGAN
"My experience in Dominica is something that I would never want to give up. It truly made me into the person I am today."
"Ross instilled a mindset that you have to work hard to achieve what you want; nothing is just handed to you on a silver platter."